We are trialling some tweaks to our Sunday service.
From the first Sunday in October to the end of Dec you may notice a few changes in the way we are led in worship on Sundays. We are looking at streamlining our services by reducing the number of people who will get up and say something in the service with the hope that the services run more smoothly be more engaging and helpful.
In the last quarter this year we are going to trial:
- No longer having a service host but appoint the Worship team leader or worship team member to welcome the congregation and pray our prayers of preparation and praise.
- Combine the giving of notices with the prayers of intercession. This means one person will do both at the same time in the service.
- Have a team of four people who will rotate throughout the quarter doing the bible readings.
We are hoping these small tweaks will help our service engagement and provide space for us to respond to what the Spirit is doing. As the trial goes on we would like to know what you think. Feel free to let an elder or staff know at the end of year after the trial.
If you are not part of a Life Group and are keen to join one, please let us know by filling out this Google form. Alternately you could print the attached PDF and fill it in manually. Thank you!
2023 Bible Reading Plan
View the 2023 plan
Read more here to find out all the details, and suggestions for how you might take part in this on your own, or with others.
Our YouTube channel is a one-stop-shop for all our worship services, kids sessions (during COVID-19 restrictions) and church video updates.
New videos will appear here as they are uploaded. Subscribe to the channel to be notified of any new content.
Current playlists (groupings of videos) include:
- CoroUniting Sunday worship - weekly worship services
- Kids @ home - weekly Kindy Kids and KBG sessions during COVID-19 restrictions (Mar-Jun 2020)
- mainly music @ home - weekly mainly music session during COVID-19 restrictions (Mar-Jun 2020)
- Community @ Coro - excerpts from the online worship services during COVID-19 restrictions (Mar-Jun 2020)
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) updates - updates from leadership during COVID-19 restrictions (Mar-Jul 2020)
- Kids Holiday Clubs - videos from our Kids Holiday Clubs
- Leadership updates (incl. Elders Elections) - miscellaneous leadership updates
- Pastoral Care and Mental Health - Rev Mark Boyce's 2016 series
If you are unable to join us in person, we would love for you to join our live stream (10am Sunday mornings) or watch later on our various platforms.
Engage with others and our online service host as you stream our worship service live at corouniting.online.church:
- full chat functionality moderated by our service host
- request online prayer
- give online
- engage with various menus and chat prompts
Couldn't make the live stream? No worries - watch later on our various platforms once the video has been uploaded (a short while after the service):
- on our Service Recordings web/app page (options for both video and audio-only)
- on our YouTube channel (CoroUniting Sunday worship playlist)
Redde allows people to easily and quickly make a gift or donation (or pay for an event, eg. church camp, mainly music) from within our web/app or from any browser session.
We acknowledge that giving cash or via envelopes is not always possible. This is a simple alternative and may also suit those with casual work better than setting up a regular amount via EFT.
You will need your credit/debit card and mobile phone (to receive a verification code). This Online Giving platform can be found at corouniting.org/give and on our app via the 'Give' menu option.
The Church Office hours have recently changed and effective immediately the Church Office will no longer be open on Mondays or Wednesdays.
The new days are:
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 9am till 4pm
with staff and others in at other times as well.
Kathy Fopp, our Office Manager, will now be in the office Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays only.
Worship songs on Spotify!
The playlist of current songs that worship leaders are using for Sunday mornings is available to listen to here!
Nigel Litchfield is our current worship coordinator. Email Nigel if you'd like to chat about any ideas or thoughts related to Sunday morning worship at Coro.
Following the recent launch of our new website and app, ongoing improvements and additions have been made in recent months. We're excited to see it's capabilities being used and look forward to the opportunities that this new digital platform provides.
In order to make the most of the app and the new website (and, if you call CoroUniting your home church, to be able to access information that was previously password-protected, eg. newsletters, minutes etc) you will need to download the app and create an account, or create an account via the website (please note that creating an account on either platform will automatically give you an account for both, however the app requires downloading to have an app account).
The app and website are an integral part of the way we communicate, with the ability to RSVP to events, lodge prayer requests, listen to Sunday messages, receive targeted notifications according to the specific ministries with which you choose to connect and so much more.
Download the app today!