Communications Team for 2020
We’re moving to a monthly newssheet in the New Year with the view to a team taking on various avenues of communication in 2020.
This part of our church life is a space for fresh input, and an opportunity for a group of folk with complementary skills to use their creativity to serve in vibrant new ways among us!
Do you—or someone you know– have one or more of these skills:
- a way with words
- managing websites and using CMS
- enjoy graphic design
- engaging with social media
- enjoy connecting with a variety of people
- want to learn some or any of the above?
We’re looking at training and equipping people to take on these roles, so if you’re a keen learner but lacking in experience this is a great opportunity to add some new tools to your belt (and your resume!).
Please chat to Simon, David or Nicole. We’re excited about where this is heading and look forward to hearing from you!
At our AGM on Sunday the 24 November we will be voting for two people to represent us at Generate Presbytery meetings for the next 3 years (until Dec 2023). A Presbytery is one of the inter-related councils of the church within the Uniting Church in SA who oversee the broader missional and pastoral care goals of the that Presbytery.
What is Generate Presbytery?
Generate oversees 115 congregations who have chosen to join it across the state as well as ministry agents in Chaplaincy and other roles. This includes the largest Uniting Churches in SA and some of the smallest. They have remote congregations and faith communities and congregations in urban cultural hubs, traditional and contemporary worship styles and everything in between, all working together to see every congregation strengthened in their mission to their community. Generate holds to an evangelical orthodox understanding of Scripture and the Basis of Union.
The four key goals of Generate Presbytery are:
- Seeing people come to a saving faith in Jesus Christ
- Growing passionate disciples
- Raising courageous leaders for the future of the church
- Seeing churches planted and renewed
For more information check out the Generate website.
What is the responsibility of the Generate Presbytery Rep?
- The Presbytery Reps have the responsibility of representing Coro at Presbytery meetings (Probably up to 3 per year).
- Read papers emailed to you prior to the meeting and vote on various proposals at the meetings.
- Communicate back to the church and or/council relevant matters of the Presbytery.
Contact Simon is you have more questions.
- Please pray and consider who you would like to nominate.
- Approach them and ask their permission to be nominated.
- Fill out the form and both sign it. Hard copies available at the Welcome desk, or see the accompanying PDF.
- Return nomination to the office by Thursday 21 November
- Voting will be by secret ballot at the end of the AGM on November 24. Elected nominees will be notified that day, and the congregation notified via e-news and at church the following Sunday.
Worship songs on Spotify!
The playlist of current songs that worship leaders are using for Sunday mornings is available to listen to here!
Nigel Litchfield is our current worship coordinator. Email Nigel if you'd like to chat about any ideas or thoughts related to Sunday morning worship at Coro.
Following the recent launch of our new website and app, ongoing improvements and additions have been made in recent months. We're excited to see it's capabilities being used and look forward to the opportunities that this new digital platform provides.
In order to make the most of the app and the new website (and, if you call CoroUniting your home church, to be able to access information that was previously password-protected, eg. newsletters, minutes etc) you will need to download the app and create an account, or create an account via the website (please note that creating an account on either platform will automatically give you an account for both, however the app requires downloading to have an app account).
The app and website are an integral part of the way we communicate, with the ability to RSVP to events, lodge prayer requests, listen to Sunday messages, receive targeted notifications according to the specific ministries with which you choose to connect and so much more.
Download the app today!
Our CUSundayNight talks are now being podcast and syndicated through the following platforms:
- Apple Podcasts
They can also be streamed/downloaded from the 'Messages' section of our website and app... enjoy!