It's not every day we receive an email with a subject line heralding such significance, but after some heavy weeks for many local schools losing government funding for PCWs, this email came through from SMG late this week:
Dear Support Group members and local churches,
A great announcement from Michael Chant (CEO) to our partners in school ministry:
“Today we received a phone call from the Minister for Education John Gardner informing us of the very exciting news that the Marshall Liberal Government will, for the first time, provide state funding towards the National School Chaplaincy Program in
South Australian public schools. This has the effect of reversing its earlier decision to remove chaplaincy funding from many SA schools, and provides funding to those schools for the next 3 years. We are in the process of working through the consequences of this news at this late time of year and we want to assure you that we are working hard to maximise the benefit of this to the schools in your area. Please be patient with us as we contact all the stakeholders. Praise the Lord!”
This is historic news as this is the first time that the State Government has provided partner funding to supplement the NSCP (National Schools Chaplaincy Programme). A significant catalyst to this wonderful outcome is the passionate voices of support from schools, parents and churches. So thank you for speaking up!
If you or those you care about are directly affected and benefited by this news be assured all questions and negotiations will be attended to throughout January 2020 as we correspond with the Department for Education, Schools and Support Groups.
“Pastoral care workers are valuable members of our school communities, and play an important role in supporting the wellbeing of children and young people.” Minister for Education John Gardner, Dec 2019.
Once again, thank you so much for all you do to support the work of Pastoral Care Workers in your community.
Chaplaincy Services Administrator
Schools Ministry Group
Praise the Lord indeed!!
If you'd like to know more about our local PCWs, and the main reasons that students access support from their chaplains, have a look at this really interesting flyer that SMG recently published highlighting their incredible role in school communities!
Our YouTube channel is a one-stop-shop for all our worship services, kids sessions (during COVID-19 restrictions) and church video updates.
New videos will appear here as they are uploaded. [Subscribe to the channel](https://www.youtube.com/corouniting?sub_confirmation=1) to be notified of any new content.
Current playlists (groupings of videos) include:
- CoroUniting Sunday worship - weekly worship services
- Kids @ home - weekly Kindy Kids and KBG sessions during COVID-19 restrictions (Mar-Jun 2020)
- mainly music @ home - weekly mainly music session during COVID-19 restrictions (Mar-Jun 2020)
- Community @ Coro - excerpts from the online worship services during COVID-19 restrictions (Mar-Jun 2020)
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) updates - updates from leadership during COVID-19 restrictions (Mar-Jul 2020)
- Kids Holiday Clubs - videos from our Kids Holiday Clubs
- Leadership updates (incl. Elders Elections) - miscellaneous leadership updates
- Pastoral Care and Mental Health - Rev Mark Boyce's 2016 series
If you are unable to join us in person, we would love for you to join our live stream (10am Sunday mornings) or watch later on our various platforms.
Engage with others and our online service host as you stream our worship service live at [corouniting.online.church](https://corouniting.online.church/):
- full chat functionality moderated by our service host
- request online prayer
- give online
- engage with various menus and chat prompts
Couldn't make the live stream? No worries - watch later on our various platforms once the video has been uploaded (a short while after the service):
- on our [Service Recordings](https://www.corouniting.org/messages-online-worship-services) web/app page (options for both video and audio-only)
- on our [YouTube channel](https://www.youtube.com/corouniting?sub_confirmation=1) ([CoroUniting Sunday worship](https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6sozKYbZDfpsR3SqiUsV86Kg17Q2-VtS) playlist)
Redde allows people to easily and quickly make a gift or donation (or pay for an event, eg. church camp, mainly music) from within our web/app or from any browser session.
We acknowledge that giving cash or via envelopes is not always possible. This is a simple alternative and may also suit those with casual work better than setting up a regular amount via EFT.
You will need your credit/debit card and mobile phone (to receive a verification code). This Online Giving platform can be found at [corouniting.org/give](https://www.corouniting.org/give) and on our app via the 'Give' menu option.