It's not every day we receive an email with a subject line heralding such significance, but after some heavy weeks for many local schools losing government funding for PCWs, this email came through from SMG late this week:
Dear Support Group members and local churches,
A great announcement from Michael Chant (CEO) to our partners in school ministry:
“Today we received a phone call from the Minister for Education John Gardner informing us of the very exciting news that the Marshall Liberal Government will, for the first time, provide state funding towards the National School Chaplaincy Program in
South Australian public schools. This has the effect of reversing its earlier decision to remove chaplaincy funding from many SA schools, and provides funding to those schools for the next 3 years. We are in the process of working through the consequences of this news at this late time of year and we want to assure you that we are working hard to maximise the benefit of this to the schools in your area. Please be patient with us as we contact all the stakeholders. Praise the Lord!”
This is historic news as this is the first time that the State Government has provided partner funding to supplement the NSCP (National Schools Chaplaincy Programme). A significant catalyst to this wonderful outcome is the passionate voices of support from schools, parents and churches. So thank you for speaking up!
If you or those you care about are directly affected and benefited by this news be assured all questions and negotiations will be attended to throughout January 2020 as we correspond with the Department for Education, Schools and Support Groups.
“Pastoral care workers are valuable members of our school communities, and play an important role in supporting the wellbeing of children and young people.” Minister for Education John Gardner, Dec 2019.
Once again, thank you so much for all you do to support the work of Pastoral Care Workers in your community.
Chaplaincy Services Administrator
Schools Ministry Group
Praise the Lord indeed!!
If you'd like to know more about our local PCWs, and the main reasons that students access support from their chaplains, have a look at this really interesting flyer that SMG recently published highlighting their incredible role in school communities!
2021 Bible Reading Plan
[View the 2021 plan](https://www.corouniting.org/d/OYoKdcQ1exlgcMk9fozppIeRl)
[Read more here](https://www.corouniting.org/resources/2021-bible-reading-plan) to find out all the details, and suggestions for how you might take part in this on your own, or with others.
As of Tuesday 1 December, all people entering the church premises (including staff) must check-in for official COVID-19 contact tracing purposes using the new [COVID-SAfe Check-In](https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/restrictions-and-responsibilities/covid-safe-check-in) process. This can be done in one of two ways...
- By using a QR scanner app, phone camera (if you have an Apple device) or the newly updated mySA GOV app (no need to log in) to scan our church's unique QR code (displayed by each door at the church) and then follow the simple instructions to check-in.
- If you don't have a smartphone, are experiencing technical difficulties by using the [paper recording forms](https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0011/209594/Contact-Tracing-Record-Attendance-at-public-activities.pdf) that will be available.
Changes from before:
- You must check-in each time you enter the premises (even if multiple times each day)
- Children who are with their parents/carers do not need to check-in
- You no longer need to sign-out when you leave the premises
For further information, please check the [SA Government COVID-SAfe Check-In page](https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/restrictions-and-responsibilities/covid-safe-check-in) or the FAQs [here](https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/329413/20201211-COVID-SAfe-Check-In-FAQs-for-Individuals_FINAL.pdf).
Our YouTube channel is a one-stop-shop for all our worship services, kids sessions (during COVID-19 restrictions) and church video updates.
New videos will appear here as they are uploaded. [Subscribe to the channel](https://www.youtube.com/corouniting?sub_confirmation=1) to be notified of any new content.
Current playlists (groupings of videos) include:
- CoroUniting Sunday worship - weekly worship services
- Kids @ home - weekly Kindy Kids and KBG sessions during COVID-19 restrictions (Mar-Jun 2020)
- mainly music @ home - weekly mainly music session during COVID-19 restrictions (Mar-Jun 2020)
- Community @ Coro - excerpts from the online worship services during COVID-19 restrictions (Mar-Jun 2020)
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) updates - updates from leadership during COVID-19 restrictions (Mar-Jul 2020)
- Kids Holiday Clubs - videos from our Kids Holiday Clubs
- Leadership updates (incl. Elders Elections) - miscellaneous leadership updates
- Pastoral Care and Mental Health - Rev Mark Boyce's 2016 series