Hanging out with friends who know God and know how to have fun is so important!
ChillOut is a 2-3 hour session that gives kids in Years 6 and 7 a fun and easy way to start Christian friendships that we hope will be the beginnings of strong, encouraging relationships that last through teenage years and beyond.
Generally held on Saturday evenings during term time, past events have included Pizza & Bowling, Pool Parties, Night Walks, Games Nights etc.
Details of each event are sent out via facebook a couple of weeks before each event, so if you'd like to keep up to date, request to be added to the closed facebook group (see link).
As part of our duty of care, we request that everyone attending ChillOut completes a once-off registration form (linked).
Each Kids Holiday Club includes games, craft and construction activities, drama, singing and a short stint of teaching and discussion. We also provide a delicious healthy morning tea to keep everyone going. It’s a great time of laughter and learning together and it is open to all kids aged 5-11.
The Holiday Club runs towards the end of the long summer holidays and attracts over 100 kids each day.
Our 2018 theme was “Follow the Clues”… we had loads of fun joining Detective Dexter Duck and Constable Charlton Clooney as they examined the promises found in the Bible to help them solve the mystery of the man who defeated death!
As always, there were loads of fun activities including drama, singing, stories, games, construction and yummy morning tea.
Check out the video to see what we got up to!
Bloom is our Intergenerational Women's Ministry; open to women of all ages.
Join with us for monthly informal evenings to relax, be encouraged and connect with other women (supper, tea and coffee provided).
Check out our next event on the [Events page](https://www.corouniting.org/events).
Bloom has a [private facebook group](https://www.facebook.com/groups/702972379905072/). For more information, feel free to contact:
- Lauren MacKenzie (0418 895 692)
- Carolyn Dent (0431 593 936)
- Jenny Wichert (0404 834 393)
A fun, romantic ‘date night with a difference’ and an opportunity to strengthen and grow your relationship…
We have run The Marriage Course for many years and many couples can testify to the positive impact it’s had on their relationship. It’s run over seven consecutive weeks and has proven helpful for newly married couples and for couples who have been together for 40 years. It includes:
- a romantic, candlelit atmosphere with delicious cakes, coffee and tea, wine and soft drinks (BYO for our online course!)
- practical, informative and fun talks via DVD
- helpful exercises for you and your partner to complete – there is absolutely no group work!
- the opportunity to invest in your relationship, supporting and encouraging each other.
David & Kate Buxton will be running the next course online in Term 3 2020 - from 7.45-9.45pm on Wednesday nights from 19 August (with the option to catch-up if you can't make the session). See our [web/app event](https://www.corouniting.org/events/the-marriage-course-online) for full details including how to register.
Someone once quipped that parenting is the only job you can never get trained for – you can read all the manuals, attend all the how-to sessions, but when it comes to actually looking after your own child, we’re all learners.
To care for, nurture and raise another human being is a wonderful privilege and a profound experience. As a church our desire is to encourage and equip parents to be the best they can be and to model faith to their children in real and effective ways. We offer two Parenting Courses to help with this:
- [The Parenting Children Course](http://www.marriageandparenting.org.au/tpcc/) (for parents of 1-10 year olds), and
- [The Parenting Teenagers Course](http://www.marriageandparenting.org.au/tptc/) (for parents of 11-18 year olds)
Both courses run for 5 weeks and are for all parents/carers whether parenting on their own, as step-parents or as a couple. Each course includes informative and fun practical talks with film clips, street interviews and advice from parenting experts as well as small group discussions with parents at a similar stage.
Please get in touch if you are interested in finding out more. Course costs are $35 per person ($70 per couple) and include course material and delicious supper.
We all want our kids to grow in faith, yet an hour or so at church each week can only do so much. It is well established (see below) that regular faith discussions in the home have a significant impact on children growing into lifelong followers of Jesus.
Faith @ Home eNews
To this end, most weeks we send out a short email (and post the contents to our [private facebook group](https://www.facebook.com/groups/CoroUnitingFamiliesAndFriends)) with the following regular features:
- 'Faith @ home... yes, but how?' spot that gives simple practical suggestions for instilling faith practices into what's already happening in the home
- fun videos and thought-provoking discussion questions that relate to the upcoming theme on Sunday mornings for our pre-school and primary-aged kids (we encourage these conversations to happen in the home before we get to cover them at church, emphasising the primary importance of faith discussions in the home)
- various other resources to encourage you with regular faith conversations in the home, many of which you'll find in our [Faith @ Home Resources](https://www.corouniting.org/resources?section=kids) section of our web/app.
Our hope is that this weekly resource will spark conversations in the home and that some of the ideas will help you as you parent your kids to know and love Jesus.
You can view some of the recent Faith @ Home eNews on this [archive page](https://us11.campaign-archive.com/home/?u=7d674b2c4b2fd3d6bd6f28875&id=c41afb1a5b) (look for the Faith @ Home this week emails). If you'd like to sign up to receive these in your inbox, use [this form](http://eepurl.com/by8vNn) and select the 'Faith @ Home eNews' option (feel free to also sign up to our regular weekly church eNews).
See the below tabs for some of the resources we recommend as well as some of the relevant research in this area.
CoroYouth runs from 7.00-9.00pm (doors open 6.30pm) every Friday night during the school term for young people in Years 7-12.
Our aim is to “Lead young people to Jesus through authentic, Christ-centred relationships.”
We are excited to see young people meet Jesus and discover the life that is found in Him! On a typical Friday night, we spend time in worship, hear a message of Jesus’ love, play games, eat food, and enjoy spending time together. Each week is a little bit different, so come ready for anything!
Our team is made up of young adults from Coro, led by our Youth Leadership Team. Check out the attached program for what we're up to this term.
Throughout the year we also engage in several events such as [SYG](https://www.stateyouthgames.net/home), with our Youth Camp in Term 4 a massive highlight!
Drop in some time, we’d love to get to know you!
To contact CoroYouth email firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a vibrant and growing group of Young Adults who gather on Sunday afternoons at the church.
If you're a Young Adult and would like to join us, request to join the [Coro Young Adults FB group](https://www.facebook.com/groups/810290292761489) or [email Jethro](mailto:email@example.com?subject=Coro%20Young%20Adults).
Here is our Term 1 program for 2021:
- 31 Jan - Jesus the Game Changer - Ep1 - Jesus
- 7 Feb - Jesus the Game Changer - Ep2 - Equality
- 14 Feb - Jesus the Game Changer - Ep3 - Forgiveness
- 21 Feb - How did we get the Bible we have today? (with Dr Chris Fresch)
- 28 Feb - How was the Bible transmitted and why can I trust the Bible I have today? (with Dr Chris Fresch)
- 7 Mar - Jesus the Game Changer - Ep4 - Women & Children
- 14 Mar - Jesus the Game Changer - Ep5 - Democracy
- 21 Mar - Jesus the Game Changer - Ep6 - Care
- 28 Mar - Jesus the Game Changer - Ep7 - Leadership
- 4 Apr - Jesus the Game Changer - Ep8 - Education & Wealth
- 11 Apr - Jesus the Game Changer - Ep9 - Health
- 18 Apr - Jesus the Game Changer - Ep10 - Reason & Science
Children and their families are an integral part of our life together as the family of God here at Coro. As an intergenerational church community, we place value on children worshipping together with the whole church family, also understanding the need for kids to have opportunities to learn and engage with the Bible in ways that are designed specifically for the different stages of their development.
On Sunday mornings our children spend the first half hour or so together with their families in worship. There are a couple of areas set aside for very young children with some quiet toys and books, however we encourage parents to help their children engage with the service by explaining to them what is happening and encouraging them to participate.
After around half an hour, the children move out to different programs that are designed to stimulate, encourage and enable each child to grow in their own faith journey and in their relationships with their peers. We have four different programs that we run most weeks:
- LPC (ages 0-3) is a free-play session for our very young ones
- Kindy Kids (ages 3-5) is a more structured program with story, craft and free time
- KBG (R-Yr6) has large group and small group times with teaching, memory verses, creative and fun activities and times of prayer.
- Bounce (Yrs7-10) learn through discussion, video clips, and games – always with plenty of food on offer!
See the tabs below for more information.
Note: The safety of the children in our care is paramount. Children are signed in and out of programs with all our helpers holding valid Working with Children Checks and key leaders having undergone Child-Safe Environments and First Aid training in line with the Uniting Church Child Safe Policy.