Thank you to Graham Buxton for preparing this series of Life Group Bible Studies on 1 Corinthians. For each set of studies there's an introduction and then short and helpful reflections with questions throughout.
The complete series are now available for download below:
What is Thy Kingdom Come?
[Thy Kingdom Come](https://www.thykingdomcome.global/) is a global prayer initiative held annually between Ascension and Pentecost with the aim of encouraging the church to pray together and specifically for each person to [pray for 5 people](https://www.thykingdomcome.global/stories/pray-5) to come to faith in Jesus. Watch the [2020 wrap-up video](https://vimeo.com/427452538) to find out more.
"Thy Kingdom Come is a worldwide prayer movement that invites Christians around the world to pray from Ascension to Pentecost. Since its launch by the Archbishops of Canterbury and York in 2016, Christians from 172 countries and 65 denominations have taken part in praying for friends and family to come to faith in Jesus Christ. These days have always been full of expectation and anticipation. As the Lord Jesus ascended, He promised the gift of the Holy Spirit to enable the disciples to be witnesses. As they waited for the promise to be fulfilled they devoted themselves constantly to prayer (Acts 1:14). So, the renewed call across the church is to set these days apart to pray, and each individual to pray for 5 people to come to know the love and peace of Jesus Christ." (Source: [Thy Kingdom Come](https://www.thykingdomcome.global/sites/default/files/2020-04/Prayer%20Journal%202020%20C19V.pdf))
11 Days of Prayer
Each day of the initiative focuses on one word or phrase. These are:
Jesus - Praise - Thanks - Sorry - Offer - Pray for - Help - Adore - Celebrate - Silence - Pentecost
You can download the main videos, youth videos and children's videos for each day [here](https://www.thykingdomcome.global/videos).
Here are some resources to help you and your family get on board with this great initiative, including:
- [Prayer Journal 2021](https://www.thykingdomcome.global/sites/default/files/2021-03/TKC%20Prayer%20Journal%202021%20DOWNLOAD.pdf) - a brief devotion, prayer and then some reflection space for each of the 11 days
- TKC App - available for both [Android](https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.trellisys.papertrell.book81002817768&hl=en&gl=US) and [iOS](https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/thy-kingdom-come/id1377639052)
- [Strandz NZ TKC Resources](https://www.strandz.org.nz/tkc.html) - a great page from our friends across the ditch, including resources for family, children, youth and church prayers
- [Cheeky Pandas](https://www.thykingdomcome.global/cheekypandas) - a fun-filled 11-part series for kids with a variety of free resources that seek to get children excited about Jesus, the Bible and prayer, and ultimately, help each child build a beautiful life-long relationship with Him… with some panda fun along the way!
- Family Prayer Adventure Map for 2019 ([front](https://www.thykingdomcome.global/sites/default/files/2019-02/TKC%20Prayer%20Adventure%20Map_0.jpg), [back](https://www.thykingdomcome.global/sites/default/files/2019-02/TKC%20Prayer%20Adventure%20Map%20%28Back%29_0.jpg), [stickers](https://www.thykingdomcome.global/sites/default/files/2019-02/TKC%20Prayer%20Adventure%20Map%20Stickers_0.pdf)), 2020 ([map](https://www.thykingdomcome.global/sites/default/files/2020-04/TKC%20Digital%20Family%20Prayer%20Adventure%20Map%202020%20A4.png), [video guide](https://vimeo.com/390773164) for the accompanying TKC app ([Android](https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mintarcade.thykingdomcomear&hl=en_AU&gl=US), [iOS](https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/tkc-map-ar/id1499506464))), 2021 (coming shortly)
- Bright Prayer Ideas for [Families at Home](https://www.thykingdomcome.global/sites/default/files/2021-03/Bright%20Prayer%20Ideas%20for%20Families%20at%20Home.pdf) and for [Your Church](https://www.thykingdomcome.global/sites/default/files/2021-03/Bright%20Prayer%20Ideas%20For%20Your%20Church.pdf)
For more resources on prayer, head to our [Prayer Resources](https://www.corouniting.org/resources/prayer-resources) page in our [Faith @ Home Resources](https://www.corouniting.org/resources?section=kids) section.
Thank you to Simon for preparing this Lenten Series of Life Group Bible Studies on Lamentations. For each week there are some helpful thoughts, suggested readings and questions either for discussion in groups or for pondering on your own.
There are printed copies of each study on the Easter Resource Table at church - they are also available for download below:
- [Study 1 - Lamentations intro](https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uty77wrZ8PoKyLD7Vb7sRcgrAZD4tPZp/view?usp=sharing)
- [Study 2 - How lonely sits the city](https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VhxAr_bYWkoq-XUxZLKI4O3NAN2V4hMe/view?usp=sharing) (Lam 1)
- [Study 3 - Where is bread and wine?](https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ns4Eg5kqnC4WuWL-mbwIXrNYixv-hEjh/view?usp=sharing) (Lam 2)
- [Study 4 - The Great Turning Point](https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D_dnytJBY-zMTgf7VRo_YuzBZSA7dDMa/view?usp=sharing) (Lam 3)
- [Study 5 - How the gold has lost its lustre](https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j3SpQWi84jh6zW6yZasvciYC9pXKIZpK/view?usp=sharing) (Lam 4)
- [Study 6 - A Prayer for Restoration](https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-SrvgRLR8tEEtn5_xacKfa8P33lkBBxK/view?usp=sharing) (Lam 5)
Over the last two years a number of us have been reading the Bible together as a part of our desire to be a people focused on Jesus. This was a part of a three year Bible Reading Plan and 2021 will be year 3. It has been really helpful and fun for those of us who followed this over the last 2 years. We encourage everyone, even if you missed out last year, to join with us this year and be encouraged as we encounter God through the Bible readings each week.
We've got a few options on how you can join us below. Developing a Bible reading habit can be challenging so let’s do it together. By doing so, not only will you read the Bible (either by yourself or in groups) but you have the opportunity to share with others the insights you are gaining from the readings and be encouraged to keep going.
We are following Tim Chester’s 3-year Bible Reading Plan which will take us through the Old Testament once and the New Testament twice (see the back of this flyer). It’s in weekly chunks so there is no pressure if you happen to miss a day. It’s flexible and manageable.
There are a range of ways you could join us:
- Read the set readings on your own and prayerfully journal your thoughts.
- Read the readings, journal your thoughts and have a weekly catch up with two others (a reflection triplet) in person over a cuppa or over the phone or skype. Sign up by [emailing the Church Office](mailto:email@example.com).
- Join a WhatsApp group by texting Cat Patrick on 0425 752 140 and share your thoughts with a group of us.
- Get your Life Group involved and use the readings as the basis of your sharing each week.
- Join Simon 9am Saturdays from February 1 in the chapel for shared reading.
- [2019 Bible Reading Plan (Year 1)](https://www.corouniting.org/d/Vm343PMQD1PLMqK8UmYevvCjN)
- [2020 Bible Reading Plan (Year 2)](https://www.corouniting.org/d/e5DEKf2r7ezT9IdZ4tVoOB8Zn)