All are welcome to join the Thursday Morning Group for a time of prayer, singing and teaching on Thursday mornings, followed by a cuppa together.
- 15 Oct - 12 Nov Hebrews with Jonathan Mitchell
Come along and be refreshed with the Word.
Contact: [Les Ormrod](mailto:email@example.com) on 0404 732 484.
At Coro, we seek to be a people focused on Jesus; worshipping God, building one another up, enacting God's justice and proclaiming the good news of Jesus to the world.
On Sunday 25 October we will have our Congregational Meeting (AGM) where we will provide an update on various aspects of our life together as a church family as well as seek to elect four elders to help us prayerfully work towards our vision. Three of our current elders have retired since our last election; they are Loki Ingham and in recent weeks both Norm Tucker and Cat Patrick.
The current eldership comprises Wes Chambers, Jenny Wichert, Sam Cheesman and Steve Kaesler with Rick Seaman co-opted onto council until the end of October. We are seeking an additional four elders.
There are some changes to the process from last time:
- The meeting will be live streamed so that those unable to attend can still participate (including the ability to ask questions)
- Those unable to attend in person will be given the opportunity to cast their vote remotely over the seven days following the meeting.
We would love you to enter fully into this process. Firstly, please pray for the Lord's leading and His choice of elders to be elected. Secondly, consider who you may nominate:
- Read the [Election Info Sheet](https://www.corouniting.org/d/puzQm3aBj6y7BxL9uI9sMKSMm) for an overview of the process - green A5 flyer at the Welcome Desk
- If you are nominating someone (or are being nominated) you will also need:
- [Eldership at CoroUniting](https://www.corouniting.org/d/udUKcf0YzUO5NBrZqOTFqDOMM) (essential reading - explains the role of the elder in more detail) - cream A5 booklet at the Welcome Desk
- [Eldership Nomination forms](https://www.corouniting.org/d/30KjKrMh2yFhk2PyoaS71nMjk) - white A5 card at the Welcome Desk
See below for further information on the key dates and who can vote.
This low-key gathering over lunch a chance for catching up on how our Life Groups are going, some input on how Life Groups can work towards the two outward-looking parts of our church vision to be 'A people focused on Jesus' (proclaiming the good news and seeking justice) and time to pray together.
It would also be great to invite others from your group whom you would like to encourage towards leadership of a Life Group in future.
If you recently (prior to COVID) served in our pre-school ministry (LPC and Kindy Kids), we would love you to join us for a short team meeting after church as we lay out our hopes and dreams for the next season of our pre-school ministry. We'll even provide some (suitably prepared) lunch to make things easier.
We'll be contacting all who have been serving in this area recently, however if you are interested in being part of the team we would love you to come along!
Our Church-Wide Training Day has something for everyone!
In the morning we'll be hearing from our [Building a Discipling Culture](https://www.corouniting.org/resources/building-a-discipling-culture) (BDC) team as well as taking part in some Coaching training with Cat. There'll be some snippets from different areas of the church in our Ministry Expo and then after a delicious lunch you'll have a choice of workshops (choose up to 2).
Catering will be provided as well as some fun activities between sessions. We'll also be joined by some other local churches from the Adelaide and South Hub of [Generate Presbytery](https://www.facebook.com/generatepresbytery/) for some parts of the day.
Plan to come - it will be life-giving! Register [here](https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf2h3s1kgj7w84ZQDugE1u5hyhqFSpeRoxO-DeyZdekCiX10A/viewform)
- RSVP by midday Friday 18 September (for catering purposes)
- Please complete one response per person
- Unfortunately we're unable to provide childcare for this event. We encourage children to attend and be part of the sessions, however if you have younger children you may want to bring something for them to play with or arrange babysitting for the day.